RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Green Goddess Chicken Sandwiches
Serve this at your next cookout and your guests will certainly not be missing the typical hamburgers and hot dogs! The dressing on this is so rich and flavorful and packs a punch of healthy nutrients with the avocado and spinach. This one is a winner for sure!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half and pounded to ½ inch thickness
- Nonstick cooking spray or neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic (or 1/2 of a larger clove)
- ½ cup fresh herbs (basil, chives, cilantro, and parsley)
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 whole wheat sandwich rolls or your favorite kind of healthy bread toasted
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
grill and cook
8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the
chicken from grill and let it stand 5 minutes.
sauce: In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add herbs and
pulse again until finely chopped.
- Add avocado,
yogurt, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, ground white pepper, and remaining ½
Process until mixture is well combined (there will be visible flecks of herbs).
using buns, spinach, chicken and Green Goddess Sauce.
*Recipe brought to you by Food52.com