Cassa Health, Fitness and Wellness -  Building Healthy Lifestyles
Build Your Healthy Lifestyle- The Easy Way

MONDAY MOTIVATION: It's Smoothie Season

MONDAY MOTIVATION: Smoothie Season

Looks like the sun and heat is coming out this week and that gets me really excited for some cold beverages this summer (and I don't mean beer ... well, maybe in moderation)!  I am talking SMOOTHIES today!  Smoothies are such an easy way to pack some great nutrition into one glass without too much effort.  I like to prep them on the weekends by putting all the ingredients (minus the liquid) into a zipped plastic bag and storing it in the freezer.  Then when I want one, all I have to do is grab one of the bags, empty its contents into a blender and add liquid to blend it up and its ready to go in minutes!  Here are a couple of great ideas for nutrition packed smoothies that you can freeze:

Mint Chocolate Chip Breakfast Smoothie
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 tsp. raw local honey
2 cups spinach or other dark leafy green
2 frozen bananas, sliced
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tsp. chia seeds
¼ tsp. mint extract

Directions: Combine all ingredients into a plastic bag except the yogurt, honey, mint extract and almond milk and freeze.  When ready to make, add in the remaining liquids and blend until smooth.

Fruity Green Smoothie (makes 2-3)
2 oranges peeled
5-10 oz. fresh spinach
1 cup of almond milk
2 tsp. chia seeds
1 ½ cups frozen strawberries
2 frozen bananas

Directions: Place all ingredients into a plastic bag except almond milk.  When ready to use, empty into a blender and add the almond milk and blend until smooth.

8 Comments to MONDAY MOTIVATION: It's Smoothie Season:

Comments RSS
http://www.aubestsessays.com/ on Thursday, June 08, 2017 4:10 AM
Here is the summer season and this kind of the milkshake or smoothies are so in. I am looking for the healthier shake which gives maximum vitamins to the body. The ingredients that you use in this recipe are full of good vitamins and thank for sharing this recipe.
Reply to comment

uc browser for samsung on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 8:29 AM
UC Browser is a free web browser for android devices with Fast Download, Data Saving, Ad-Block functionality, and helps you access music, video, cricket
Reply to comment

database development services on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:23 AM
Here is the mid year season and this kind of the milkshake or smoothies are so in. I am looking for the more gainful shake which gives most extraordinary vitamins to the body. The fixings that you use in this recipe are stacked with awesome vitamins and thank for sharing this equation.
Reply to comment

Showbox on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:19 AM
ShowBox will be made in a matter of seconds in your application range
Reply to comment

Kevin on Friday, November 03, 2017 8:21 AM
Fruity green is my favorite smoothie. I would like to say that you have shared very valuable information. I am impressed by your info. motorcycle jeans slim fit
Reply to comment

Blair on Friday, November 17, 2017 1:54 PM
It is heart touching blog you know. It is because it contains very unique data of information. I always like these types of blogs and thanks for sharing. massage center in lahore massage center in lahore massage center in lahore massage center in lahore massage center in lahore massage center in lahore massage center in lahore massage center in lahore
Reply to comment

Jhonsan Ravi on Monday, December 11, 2017 7:59 AM
Nice blog. There are very good points you have mention in this post. I am very happy to see this. Your working is very impressive and informative. Thanks for this. To get E Liquid Packaging Click this Website
Reply to comment

tellthebell on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:37 AM
And this survey is also a great chance even for the customers or the guests to speak their mind about the experience you had with the services of Dunkin Donuts.
Reply to comment