Workout of the Week: Back to Basics
Are you a beginner when it comes to exercise who really wants to get in shape but is not sure where to start? Give this workout a try 3 times per week and each week add on 2-3 reps or 10 seconds per exercise. You’ll need a light set of dumbbells and a mat. After 4 weeks, you’ll be ready to move onto the intermediate level (stay tuned).
• Do some active stretching such as arm circles, knee raises, side to side lunges, and windmills
• Do 30 seconds of Skaters (for low impact, do not jump – just step touch)
• Do 10 reps of each of the following exercises:
• Bicep Curls
• Stationary Lunges (10 each side)
• Shoulder Presses
• Chest Presses laying on a bench
• Do 30 seconds of jumping jacks
• Repeat the sequence 3 times
End with a 5 minute brisk walk or jog and some stretching. Take breaks when you need to and drink lots of water.