Recipe of the Week: Vegetarian Stir Fry
This vegetarian stir-fry is so easy to make and is loaded with nutrients and minerals to boost your energy and keep you feeling great! Try it for a week night dinner when you are crunched for time. The kids will love it too!
• 8 oz capellini
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 red onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 2 cup vegetable stock
• 1/2 roasted red pepper, chopped
• 1 cup broccoli, frozen
• 3 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
• Sriracha, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Once boiling, add Capellini and cook according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat in a frying pan or wok. Add onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 3-4 min.
- Add carrots and vegetable stock, and cook for 5-6 min., until carrots are nearly cooked and vegetable stock has reduced.
- Add chopped roasted red peppers, and cook for about 1 min.
- Add broccoli and cook for another 3 min. If using raw broccoli (instead of frozen), add broccoli when you add the carrots.
- Add cooked pasta to pan. Add soy sauce and Sriracha, and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!