Build Your Healthy Lifestyle- The Easy Way
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: The Magic of the Medicine Ball
medicine ball is a fun, effective workout prop that is fairly easy to use and
comes in many different weights. It can
be used for a total body workout and hits the core in almost every exercise. Start out with a 4 or 6 pound ball and work
your way up.
- Warm up with a 5 minute warm up and some arm circles, windmills, leg swings and high knees.
- Do each of the following exercises with little rest in between and then repeat each circuit 2 more times before moving onto the next.
- Circuit 1:
- Lunge with a twist (hold the ball with both hands) – 10 each side
- Wall Ball – 15 squat and throws
- Chest Pass (laying on a yoga ball, do a chest fly passing the ball at the top to other hand) 8 each side
- Mountain Climbers with hands on ball – 30 seconds
- Circuit 2:
- Squat to overhead press – 15 reps
- Figure 8’s – 15 reps
- Lunge pass throughs (passing ball through your legs) 10 each side
- Burpees holding ball up, hands on it when down – 30 seconds