Looking for a new recipe for Thanksgiving that will satisfy your sweet tooth, but not throw you over the edge? These pumpkin pie truffles will provide you with antioxidants from the dark chocolate, and fiber, potassium and vitamin C from the pumpkin! See ... indulgence can be healthy if you slightly alter it (instead of going for that giant piece of apple or pecan pie) and indulge in moderation! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Pumpkin Pie Truffles
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Mix pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, coconut
flour, coconut oil, spices and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, pressing the mixture
- Melt chocolate chips on stovetop or by
microwaving in 30 second intervals and stirring between each interval.
- Dip pumpkin balls into melted chocolate to coat.
Arrange on wax or parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate solidifies,
about 30 minutes. Optionally, sprinkle with sea salt before putting into the
*Use organic ingredients whenever possible.